September 4, 2014

Very First Day of Daycare


2 years, 5 months, and 9 days after she was born with a severe right-sided CDH, my beautiful baby girl had her very first day of daycare. The emotions that filled my heart as I prepped her lunchbox and other school supplies the day before were extremely overwhelming. On a daily basis, I stand in awe of how far my Luna has come. But that night was a particularly emotional one. I cried and I cried. Mostly happy tears along with some tears of gratitude mixed with tears of amazement. I prayed so so hard for this little one. She continues to prove how strong she is, how strong we all can be when faced with the impossibly difficult hurdles that life can sometimes throw at us. So when I dropped her off, I was okay because most of me knew that she would be just fine. Although she cried for me and her dad to stay, I knew she would be okay. And guess what?


She did great! Her teacher said she calmed down quickly once she met the other kids in her class. She sat on the potty twice. She made her very first arts & craft project which I will treasure FOREVER. And she even napped the whole afternoon. I could not be prouder of my baby girl. Here's hoping to many, many more good days at daycare. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment