January 22, 2012

10 weeks to go...

We are 10 weeks away from meeting our daughter. Like every other mother-to-be I'm super excited to meet my little girl who's been movin' and groovin' inside of me for the past 7 months. However, unlike every other mother-to-be, I’m scared out of my mind because of my daughter's R-CDH. I’m scared that she won't make it soon after birth. I’m scared that she will have to fight her CDH for a long time and be hooked up to machines which will prevent us from holding and comforting her. I’m scared that I won’t be strong enough to deal with whatever is to come.

These fears along with a million other thoughts consume me as we get closer and closer to my due date. I’m trying really, really, really hard to not let them take over and instead try to focus on staying as stress-free as possible and keep her inside of me as long as possible. I know the coming weeks are going to fly by. I have a million things to do before I leave for Philadelphia in a few weeks. I just hope and pray everything goes as smoothly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment