January 1, 2012

Happy New Year??

So 2011 is officially behind us and 2012 has just begun. I'm not quiet sure how to feel about today. I usually get so excited for the new year, its accompanying celebrations, and resolutions, but since receiving our diagnosis haven't been one to celebrate much. Riq and I spent a very nice, quiet New Year's Eve together last night. We spent the entire day together, then enjoyed a delicious dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, then came back home, slipped into our pj's and watched the ball drop. It was very nice. I couldn't imagine saying goodbye to 2011 with anyone else.  2011 had its ups and lots of downs, but together we made it through. He stood with me through my darkest moments and helped me find beauty in the better moments. I am so blessed to have such a beautiful soul as my partner.

He did such a beautiful job documenting 2011 through his 365 Project in which he took a picture every day of the year...here it is for you to check out Riq's 2011 365 Project

2011 also continued to bless me with the most supportive parents around. I am so grateful that they are healthy and happy. I am also grateful for the rest of our family and friends whose love and positive energy continue to inspire and guide us. I'm also grateful that Riq and I were able to work and provide for each other this year. I am also grateful that I was able to pull myself closer to God. It was through His love that I found the strength to believe that I WILL be happy again. And I was. I was very happy. But now I'm scared. I'm scared of what 2012 could hold in store for us, but I will not give up hope. 2011 made me a stronger person. I will stand up and face whatever is to come. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment