May 1, 2012

We're Outta Here!!!!

I haven't posted in a few days but we have been very busy. Last week was by FAR the most exciting week we've had in the NICU. Luna's doctors and nurses started throwing around the "D" word early in the week as they were getting ready to remove her NG tube and nasal cannulas.

This was Luna on her last day wearing her feeding tube and cannula.


Here is a picture of my daughter free of all tubes and wires (except those monitoring her vitals) for the first time in her short little life.


Luna on her way to get a routine MRI as part of her discharge requirements. Once there I was a very nervous mom as she was taken from my arms and placed in the MRI machine. Fortunately, I was allowed to stay in the room with her and the MRI only lasted like 20 minutes. She did well and only started crying as the machine was turned off.


Daddy arrived just in the time to hear one of Luna's NPs tell us that we could take her home on Saturday. We were excited, scared, and anxious since we wanted nothing more than to take Luna home, but unfortunately we arent exactly ready with all the "baby gear" one usually needs to welcome a baby home. When I was pregnant and was told of Luna's diagnosis, we decided we did not want a baby shower. I just did not want to jinx anything. The last thing I wanted was for something to happen to Luna and to have to come home to a house full of baby things. I would rather have to run around getting things at the last minute which is what we are still in the process of doing. LOL


Luna IS a rockstar!!! So much so that she was discharged from the NICU on April 28th, 2012. Just 5 weeks after being born with a severe right-sided CDH.


All dressed and ready to hit the road in her carseat.


After waiting all day, finally signing the discharge papers.


Can you tell he's happy? LOL


Walking off into the sunset. :)


After a veeeeeeeeeeeery long journey, it's finally "home sweet home" with Daddy.


I'll be the first to say that there were times when I didn't think Luna was coming home. I was scared, sad, and angry. But this journey has reinforced the power of prayer to me. My daughter is home. She beat the odds. God is so good and beautiful. I saw him in the doctors. I saw him in the nurses. I saw him at the Ronald McDonald house. I saw him in all our family and friends who have supported us. We thank you ALL!!!

12 comments:

  1. Luna's story is so beautiful and inspiring! I hope to meet this little girl soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait for you to meet her, Iza. Do you plan on visiting Jersey soon?

      Delete
  2. I've been following y'all on BabyCenter and CHERUBS (my little LCDHer is due May 18th). So happy for your family!! Luna is truly a miracle. Enjoy being at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck to you Abby! I'm here if you ever need someone (who's familiar with this journey) to talk to.

      Delete
  3. i am literally crying tears of joy for you! what an amazing miracle luna is :) enjoy every millisecond with her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, regalle!! she truly is a miracle baby...she amazes us everyday.

      Delete
  4. im so happy dat shes ok now,wen i read d story tears wer fall frm my eyes as a mom or a parent i feel d pain en sadness u felt,,,,,,,thank god coz he save luna............take good cre of her,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne!! i love taking care of her...she is the sweetest.

      Delete
  5. so happy she's home with you both :)
    what a blessing she is!

    i donated money to the ronald mcdonald fund at the mcdonalds in newark airport in your honor :)

    xo Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were on our way to Miami, and I've been meaning to donate but haven't been to McDonalds in awhile.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Annie!!! that was very sweet of you guys. The Ronald McDonald was truy a Godsend to us. We will forever be indebted to it.

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy to hear that Luna is home with her Momma and Daddy! She has been in my thoughts and prayers, and will remain there. God bless her and her parents! I sure hope to meet her one day, there will be lots of babysitters here at 90 Delaware for her! :) Lots of love to you and your family Dania!

    Stephanie Wright xoxo

    ReplyDelete