March 31, 2012

Happy 1st Weekiversary, Baby Luna!!!

Happy 1st week to our beautiful baby girl!!! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and are so proud of you!!!

Luna had a good day today. They were able to wean her dopamine all the way down and then off by the end of the day. Her ventilator was also down to 28. Luna is becoming more and more active. She is waking up more and trying to move around. Along with this increased activity comes her crying which we saw her do for the first time today. Because of her CDH, her cry was silent but nonetheless bittersweet for us. On the one hand, its great that she's crying because that is what she is supposed to be doing. But on the other hand, she is crying and we're not able to hold her and comfort her which is heartbreaking. So of course I cried my eyes out because I just felt helpless, but I have to remind myself that we are all doing everything we can to help her get better which is the ultimate goal.


Tita Leah paying Baby Luna a visit


The peanut gallery in the waiting room


Auntie Toya came by and hung out as well!!

1 comment:

  1. Dania, Enrique and Baby Luna,
    I just need to tell you how brave you all are. In my church there is a sharing of joys and concerned. We prayed for you today and lifted baby Luna in prayer.
    May your faith keep you strong and may all of the prayers around you give you the strength when the days get hard.
    Your daughter is beautiful. I know it is hard that you cannot hold her and comfort her right now but she knows you are there. You are bonded to her and she is bonded to you. One day you will hold her. I believe she is a fighter and she is going to do amazing things one day because she has the best parents.
    God Bless Baby Luna!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete