March 4, 2012

A Wonderful Sunday...

A few days ago I decided we should make this weekend a special weekend since its probably going to be my last weekend at home (for real this time) before I relocate to Philly next weekend.

Last night we hung out with our very dear friends, Derrick and Pia. We had a nice quiet dinner at their place with their beautiful boys. We then watched Twilight which was fun. We always have a great time at their place.

Today we headed out to church and then to get maternity pics taken. I originally did not plan on getting maternity pics done, but this past week I decided, "Why not?" I'm 9 months pregnant with our beautiful baby girl who we adore. Why not capture pregnant-me before its too late? Besides the last thing I want to do is regret anything about this pregnancy. So we went for it. Here some of our favorites:


me and Riq playing with blocks


the classic belly shot


and my fave :)

I think my mom must have read my mind about making this weekend a special weekend because she called me Friday and insisted we have Sunday dinner at her place. With all of the crazyness we've been dealing with lately, we haven't had Sunday dinner at my parents' for a while. So of course, we said yes. She then called me again yesterday to ask me if we had any special requests for the menu. She can't help it, she really is the best mom.

So after working up an appetite from all the posing we did, we made our to my parents' house for dinner. We had a great time pigging out with my parents, my brother, his girlfriend, my cousin, and my grandma. We also toasted to Luna's impending arrival and took some pics with my belly.


Mami finishing up dinner


my beautiful parents...still smiling together after all these years


Eddy and Lucy


poppin' bottles


none for me, thanks!


mi familia


three generations of strong women...with another on the way :)


Overall, a great day with my loved ones.

Sadly, however, I received some bad news tonight. I learned that my Godfather is in the hospital after suffering two strokes in his home in Orlando. Thankfully, he is stable and surrounded by his family. I pray that the Lord watches over him, heals his body, and returns him to his old self. I also pray that He watches over Padrino's family and gives them the strength they need to be strong for my Padrino. 

3 comments:

  1. Praying for Luna and your family! Praying for strength for your baby girl.

    (((HUGS))),
    Tracy, Ian's mom from CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you, Riq and baby Luna. Thanks so much for already being an inspiration with you beautiful blog and strength of faith. May God be your strength. EP Faith from babycenter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. Your little and extended family has me in awe. Sending much love your today. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete