March 15, 2012

Keeping Busy...

So, we've been in the Philly area for a few days already. I thought that I would be bored stiff by now but I'm not. In reality, it feels like the days are flying by. Probably because we've kept busy since getting here.

For example, I had another prenatal appointment at CHOP yesterday. We got to see Luna in 4D again which is the BEST part of these appointments. My little munchkin is just too cute although she tried to hide her face with her arm as you can see from this picture....


my bashful little girl....AHHHH!!! she's just too cute!

And big! She's currently approximately 7 pounds, 10 ounces. She passed another biophysical so she is breathing nicely and her heartbeat sounds great. My amniotic fluid continues to look normal. So I will be checked next week to see if things have started to kick into action down there. However, a lot of people, including the midwives and doctors say my belly looks like it has dropped. This is my first time being this pregnant so I'm not sure if a dropped belly is supposed to feel any different. However, I will say that walking has become a lot more uncomfortable.

Aside from hanging out at the hospital, I've also had some visitors. My cousin, Denia, stopped by last night after work to say Hi. We went to get something quick to eat at 9pm and realized that almost every business in this area closes early. Luckily we found an open Chick-fil-A across the road and stuffed our faces there.

Tonight, I hung out with our friends, Derrick and Pia, who drove over from Atlantic City to hang out. We grabbed some dinner and had some fun shopping at Cherry Hill Mall till closing time. They then drove me around the mall parking lot until we found my lost car. Oh, good old pregnancy brain.




4 comments:

  1. My oldest daughter is 6 months pregnant with a newly diagnosed R CDH baby girl. I've been reading many CDH blogs and just found yours this evening. I see that you are very close to delivery and I want you to know that I am praying for Little Luna. I pray that God will keep her heart and lungs strong and guide the surgeons to a successful and lasting repair. May God bless you also for a quick and easy delivery so you can be strong throughout your little ones first weeks of life. In Prayer, Grandma Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers, Grandma Lynne. I will pray for your daughter and her baby girl. I know how difficult it is to hear that your baby has a RCDH. Have you and your daughter joined the CHERUBS website. It is great website chock full of information and support for families of CDH babies. Here is their website: http://www.cdhsupport.org/

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for posting your blog on the Baby center website. I am going to try to get an appointment at CHOP in early April for my 25 week visit. I have about a zillion questions, but please know that I am praying for you and your hubby and baby Luna.
    Dajjn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great, Dajjn!! Maybe we'll bump into each other if you decide to tour the NICU during your visit.

    And thank you for the prayers! I'll be praying for your baby as well :)

    ReplyDelete